All clean

Madfish

Administrator
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Looks great that, another fine example of the E50 :)

Personally think they look even better without the stickers on them, much cleaner and more modern.

Chrisplumber

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Looks great that, another fine example of the E50 :)

Personally think they look even better without the stickers on them, much cleaner and more modern.
I am quite happy to take them off however I had a little go today with a hairdryer. I started at the front bumper and immediately noticed it's been repeated and the sticker masked. Not sure where to go from here. Don't want to have to have it resprayed again. Was thinking some nismo sticker over it but that might be a bit corny

RobP

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Looks a real nice example that mate!! :cool:
Unfortunately if they've previously painted around the stickers it will probably need something else covering up where they were, if you remove them all. We have a member on here that can do vinyl graphics etc and can reproduce original stickers I think if you want to keep it looking as it does.

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Thanks mate. The coach line is deteriorating with each wash so unfortunately in the summer it may have to go
There was a guy on ebay selling a totally new set of the exact same transfer for about £65 I think or less but I will explain what I did on mine for you as mine too cracked off over time.

I bought a roll of that 30mm chrome adhesive trim and stuck that down the entire side of the E50 and around the front bumper. It looked the " dogs " and fully covered the failing transfer a treat. I still had the HW/Star graphics above though as they were ok still. Elgrand Chrome bars 002.JPG Elgrand Chrome bars 001.JPG

Brendan1969

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I like the chrome side bars Brendan. Did you fit them yourself? Any info on fitment would be good. Thanks.
Yes I did fit them myself with a mate helping me. They were all off a Nissan Navara pick up FYI. Fettling was required for a perfect fit.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
@Chrisplumber - That is an exceptionally clean looking early E50. Mine looked nothing like that when I bought it 4 years ago (was an R reg, so a little older mind you). Mine was covered in knocks, bangs, scratches and rust... and when I part ex'd it in against a new one, it wasn't much better.

Keep on top of the underseal to ensure it stays like that, and keep it looking that clean! Top work and lovely looking motor :)

@Brendan1969 - another fine example of an early E50. Love the chrome trim and the side bars. I'm not personally a fan of the front bars, but that's personal opinion. The work has been done really well to make it fit from a Navara, and is obviously given the love and care it needs!

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
Thanks karl. Yeah I'm going to have it done once a year i thought to keep rust at bay
Once a year is a little excessive, unless you're getting the cheap £100 option on.

Best bet is to pay the £400 for a proper 3-4 day job with a rubberised coating. Then, you just take it back each year for a "top up" which is peanuts in comparison.