E50 Accelerator Position Sensor Does this mean new accelerator pedal unit???

Louise

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Help? New to forum. Had my highway star just over 1 year - 'T' reg. Its throwing up accelerator position sensor fault on the garage's computer. I am not conversant with engines etc but my mechanic wants to change the accelerator pedal unit to correct it. Any help - Parts - advice available??? Will be most grateful for any replies. Cheers

Louise

E50 Owner
Premium Member
Thanks to everyone. I passed all your information on to my garage guys who also spoke with Brian on here. He helped them a lot and they couldn't say enough about the amount of time and info he gave to them. Way to go Brian!! What they eventually did was clear the sensor on the computer and do some 'Brian Magic' to clear a 'long term memory' in the sensors that some of these older vans have. Thanks again to this forum and those of you who helped and especially Brian.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sungee

E50 Owner
Hi, I am having the same problem and would love to learn everything there is to know about the throttle sensor / pedal before starting to change parts.. is the member talked about here BrianG ? or can anyone shine their light on this ? much appreciated !

(just for clarity I have the e50 diesel and it has no throttle response sometimes and even cutting out completely. )

Thanks !