E50 3.2 engine ecu location?

Steve~Mk1

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
I came across quite a few things that could be the ECUs when I had part of the dash off the other week - @stevemen might be able to advise where the ECU is if he's broken one or two of them. What exactly do you need access to the ECU for?

Ben E50

E50 Owner
I came across quite a few things that could be the ECUs when I had part of the dash off the other week - @stevemen might be able to advise where the ECU is if he's broken one or two of them. What exactly do you need access to the ECU for?
I was going to run some new wires to the coolant temp sensor
As it reads incorrect in live data.

Steve~Mk1

Here for life
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Cheers for your help:)
Wire diagram anyone ?? 😬
I searched the web for ages for one, just to find the Zexel control sleeve position sensor feedback wire! Gave up (I now think it's the green wire btw).
There's a translated manual on Amazon that has been linked to before. No idea if it's just a translated owners handbook, but it's not cheap if you were to take a chance.
Have you chased it round the loom in the engine bay? If there was a break that must be where it would be.

Karl

Founder
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
The workshop manual on Amazon and the like is a transalted workshop manual with technical info.

There is also a translated owners manual, that's just the handbook, and not worth buying really. The workshop manual, I have been told, is full of useful technical info.

Ben E50

E50 Owner
I searched the web for ages for one, just to find the Zexel control sleeve position sensor feedback wire! Gave up (I now think it's the green wire btw).
There's a translated manual on Amazon that has been linked to before. No idea if it's just a translated owners handbook, but it's not cheap if you were to take a chance.
Have you chased it round the loom in the engine bay? If there was a break that must be where it would be.
Opened the loom up in the engine bay and the wires are corroded. So I was hoping just to put some new wires in rather than cutting it back and trying to find some clean wire