• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

North West 2018 NEW YEAR MEET/CRUISE

Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Elgrand
E50
January 20th Saturday 11am.

Here are the details of the first meeting point from 10am -11am
Ponderosa cafe, Horseshoe Pass, Llangollen, LL20 8DR,
Try to park end of car park furthest away from the cafe, so we can all park together.
I will be aiming to get the the Ponderosa cafe on top of horse shoe pass for approx 10am, and if everyone can aim to be no later than 11am, for those wishing to have a cuppa, toast, bacon butty etc
We will hopefully , trafic permitting , be driving in convoy through llangollen and along the A5 road to Rhug Farm .

Once everyone has ate/drank at the Ponerosa cafe, and a few photos taken we will drive down the A542(horse shoe pass) into llangollen town, and across the bridge over the river Dee.
Then follow signs for the A5 (corwen) which will take us straight to Thug Farm shop , approx 30 min drive, there is a large layby on the right hand side of the A5 a few miles after Llangollen, which I will pull into, to allow any straglers to catch up, plus its another good vantage point for photos.
Rhug Farm shop
address details : Rhug Estate, A5, Corwen LL21 0EH

That's As far as I've planned as there are a couple of peeps whom are travelling a little further than most, but if anyone knows of another point to go to I'm happy to go along, otherwise we can all,make our way home , or onto other things.

Should there be any mishaps on the day or anyone getting lost or needing help/advice here is my phone number, Alan mcallister, 07706 504570
Cheers peeps and see you all there.

a-view-of-the-river.jpg
The Horseshoe Pass and Moel Gamelin.jpg
p825806124-3.jpg

Last edited:
Attendee list:

1. Rapperfrapper
2. P. Bailey(bezzbailey) unable to attend.
3. Tim dawson
4. Rob Craig(oldboybob)
5. Mike Bailey(mikeb4x4)
6. Ged Renshaw
7. Elsim
8. Dai and sally

Last edited:
Would be a shame to miss it living so close.
Please put me down to attend :)

January 20th Saturday 11am.

North Wales meet is being arranged .
It will be starting at the top of the Horse shoe pass in North Wales, for tea and breakfast at the Ponderosa cafe, at approx 11am, where a new 2018 Elgrand OC member pack will be given out to all who attend, and then plenty of oppurtunity for photos. Once everyone has drank and ate it'll be a convoy down the pass into llangollen , then along the scenic A5 and onto the Rhug Farm shop outside Corwen for bison burgers, or what ever takes your fancy. Not sure if we will get chance due to winter weather to get another stop off point in but open for suggestions if time permits.
Cheers peeps.
View attachment 2126
View attachment 2127
View attachment 2128

Hi peeps, just a little update with some info, I've managed to get an up to date members pack sorted to give out at the meet, with some great content, including an exclusive 2018 keyring, which is only being given out to members attending a meet, plus there's a bag full of goodies, and who doesn't like a freebie :)

See you all there, looking forward to this lovely part of wales

Ok so we got about 3/4 of the way up the mountain this morning. Got flagged down by a woman who had crashed her car. Had to turn back. Even the mighty ellie started slipping like mad. we are in the britannia inn pub car park towards llangollen. Did anyone make there ok?

Had two cancellations prior to today, but we had 3 Ellie's and a Suzuki who made it up, but due to the snow getting heavier and one owner having 2 wheel drive it was cut short and after an eventful trip down the horse shoe pass with deep snow and helping a crashed jag, we thought best for everyone to make their way home, but we had fun at the top with snowballs.
20180120_101523-01.jpeg
IMG-20180120-WA0006-01.jpeg
IMG-20180120-WA0003-01.jpeg
IMG-20180120-WA0000-01.jpeg

Ok so we got about 3/4 of the way up the mountain this morning. Got flagged down by a woman who had crashed her car. Had to turn back. Even the mighty ellie started slipping like mad. we are in the britannia inn pub car park towards llangollen. Did anyone make there ok?

Its a shame we only saw your message after we had left, more for my benefit with just 2 wheel drive we decided to get out of there!

Back