TRADE 2003 Fresh Import Rider S SOLD

george shacklady

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Hi I just find this interesting and I dont want to be indifferent but a car of this grade rider and 80Ks, how can you quote a price of £5k or £6k when you take into account cost of car shipping, import duty and then vat,
I find this interesting when I have imported many cars and even a car at a good price in Japan at lets say £1600 Rider low grade high miles.
When you then add the other cost as above the best I can evercome up with landed duty and tax paid would be £6k that would leave no profit for you as a dealer as I am just a private buyer
If any one does the sums my question is how can it be done
Am I doing something wrong

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
Hi I just find this interesting and I dont want to be indifferent but a car of this grade rider and 80Ks, how can you quote a price of £5k or £6k when you take into account cost of car shipping, import duty and then vat,
I find this interesting when I have imported many cars and even a car at a good price in Japan at lets say £1600 Rider low grade high miles.
When you then add the other cost as above the best I can evercome up with landed duty and tax paid would be £6k that would leave no profit for you as a dealer as I am just a private buyer
It was my first thought when I seen the post last night too.

To answer that simply is because I'm not a dealer , I'm an import agent and my fee is fixed at the start.
If I was importing to sell on then yes I would add money on top, but that's not what I do, I work on volume , I'm just purchased several cars for members on here, im happy to help anyone who's looking for one ..thanks Dan

If I was importing to sell on then yes I would add money on top, but that's not what I do, I work on volume , I'm just purchased several cars for members on here, im happy to help anyone who's looking for one ..thanks Dan

Oh and in answer to , your am I doing something wrong ? Yes your not using me...

Chris T

Here for life
Premium Member
To answer that simply is because I'm not a dealer , I'm an import agent and my fee is fixed at the start.
So does the buyer sort it when it lands in the UK? By that I mean fog light, MOT, registration, UK port fees etc.

george shacklady

Premium Member
E51 Owner
So I understand now you are an agent sorry I misunderstood As an agent with fix fee I can see you are coming at it from a different position
I was confused that is why I asked the question how you could make any profit

george shacklady

Premium Member
E51 Owner
I use an agent myself and have had very good service ie cars inspected in Japan by top engineer but I am always looking to save a buck

Chasdad

Here for life
Premium Member
Just been reading this.
I saw the car in the ad personally on more than one occasion. It was and is as good as it looks.
I've actually got a car on its way that I found and Dan has bought it for me and has organised everything .he probably would have told me about it but I was looking for a cube. For a flat fee.
If the car is as good as it looks it will probably be one of the best in the country.
Someone on here has just bought one similar but not with the kit mine has and was over double what I'll be paying.
I don't like traders I've an ex mate who is one.
Dan has sold a few cars to people in the elgrand group since I've known him and have all been happy. I actually have told him to buy the cars in and sell at a good profit .but he prefers the little and often approach
If anyone wants any info let me know. Thanks

So I understand now you are an agent sorry I misunderstood As an agent with fix fee I can see you are coming at it from a different position
I was confused that is why I asked the question how you could make any profit
No that's fine George , the vehicle above we sold as the original purchaser couldn't complete the deal,and unfortunately I have to still purchase the vehicle or put them back into auction. Knowing it was good we bought it to sell on ..still with a modest profit

So does the buyer sort it when it lands in the UK? By that I mean fog light, MOT, registration, UK port fees etc.
Hi Chris ,just before the car arrives our shipping agent invoices us for vat/duty and port fees which we then invoice to the customer, but these figures are already accounted for so customer is aware as we build this into their budget .. With regards to collecting from port fog mot etc, this can all be done by us, this is extra but again the costs are advised at the start, we even offer to remove rear cats for customers .. Most of our customers leave it all to us,and then collect once it's all been registered